Friday, June 27, 2008

It's all about ME!!!!

So the Supreme Court has done the astounding and has read the actual words of the Constitution (or, at least, five justices have). To realize that the Second Amendment really is a part of the Constitution and truly does protect an individual's right to own and possess firearms, if any "interpretation" is actually needed, one does not need to go any further than this Nation's founding. The precipitating event of the American Revolution was not "taxation without representation," it was a heavy-handed attempt by the then-lawful government at gun control. Certain government agents tried to seize the guns and ammunition that were being stored in Concord, but the people resisted. And that is when war broke out.

Meanwhile, I see that John McCain (or his staff anyway) has responded to this decision and a decision on campaign finance regulations.

"I applaud this decision as well as the overturning of the District of Columbia’s ban on handguns and limitations on the ability to use firearms for self-defense. Unlike Senator Obama, who refused to join me in signing a bipartisan amicus brief, I was pleased to express my support and call for the ruling issued today."

“Today's Supreme Court decision in Davis v. FEC does not affect the Court's landmark ruling in McConnell v. Federal Election Commission upholding the constitutionality of the soft money ban contained in BCRA. That ban is at the core of the reforms I worked for in the long bipartisan fight to pass campaign finance reform."

Why is it that, with McCain, it is always about him?? It is ALWAYS me, me, me, I, I, I.

Whenever he comments on any issue (or, to be more accurate, when his staff writes something in his name), the comments always include some statement about how McCain voted previously on the matter, or some claim that "he lead the way" on this or that. You see it too in his so-called "pro-life" statements -- he never simply makes a statement defending life or advocating a pro-life philosophy, instead, he always has to tell us what his voting record is on abotion. Indeed, McCain NEVER simply makes a statement promoting a given issue on the merits, it is always about him.

More and more it is clear that McCain is the same kind of boor that John Kerry and Bill Clinton are -- self-centered egomaniacs who think that the world revolves around them.

No comments: